Friday, May 3, 2013

End of the Spring 2013 Semester

The semester is over and I've had a nice long week to relax  before Summer classes start. Here's some work from the previous semester. One is a self portrait final along with some other paintings done during class. Make sure you check out my new website nickpodraza-art.com. I just recently finished working on it. Let me know what you think! 

Self portrait
18"x26"

This was a final assignment for my Oil painting 201 class. The assignment was a self portrait in an environment. Walking home one day from the "L" I noticed some really cool brick patterns in the alley by my house. I took some photo references and had a fun trying to paint a brick wall. 


Bella 
24"x24"

Bella was the model again for another 2 week pose. She brought in a fancy costume which was kind of cool. I wasn't too big of a fan on the backdrop colors.. but not my call. There was some nice cool yellows and blues in the chair. 


Sam 
20"x24"

Sam was the model for the final 2 weeks of the semester. It was nice because I sat in on the class before me (which had the same model and same pose) so I actually got another "2 weeks" on the pose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment